Anthony P. (Tony) Ulm joined IFMK Law from Inman & Fitzgibbons (I&F). Tony has represented and defended employers and insurance carriers in workers’ compensation litigation for over twenty years. He has tried dozens of workers’ compensation cases before arbitrators of the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission, and also argued numerous cases on review with the Commission and on appeal in the appellate courts. He also regularly recovers workers’ compensation liens for his clients in circuit court through intervening petitions and the defense of third-party claims against employers.
Tony has extensive experience representing and defending businesses, professionals, and insurance carriers in a wide variety of general liability matters in both state and federal courts. These matters include claims related to personal injury and wrongful death, construction litigation, products liability, medical malpractice, professional liability, and business/commercial litigation. Tony has consistently achieved outstanding results for his clients in general liability cases in trials and appeals, and via mediation and arbitration.
Tony is a member of the Illinois State Bar Association and the Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Association.
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, B.A., 1994
- Southern Illinois University School of Law, J.D., 1997; Editor, Southern Illinois University Law Journal
AREAS OF FOCUS
- Workers’ Compensation Defense
- General Liability Defense
- Employer Liability
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, District of Delaware
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Illinois
- Pro Hac Vice admissions in Arizona, Florida, Louisiana, Vermont, and Wisconsin