Carla Tolbert joined IFMK Law from OKGC Law, LLC where she was Of Counsel. She works in IFMK's O’Fallon, Illinois office. Carla primarily defends civil rights and torts cases in federal and state courts, with a focus on cases involving claims of inadequate medical care. Prior to joining OKGC Carla was as an Assistant Attorney General at the Office of the Illinois Attorney General, and an associate at two St. Louis firms specializing in medical malpractice defense of complex medical and birth injury cases.
Carla is also a Registered Nurse with extensive experience in critical care, emergency, and obstetrical nursing.
Prior to law school Carla was a Navy Nurse Corps Officer and retired with the rank of Commander.
AREAS OF FOCUS
- Civil Rights Defense
- Governmental/Public Entities Litigation
- Saint Louis University School of Law - JD, Health Law Certificate, 2010
- University of Maryland, Baltimore - MS, Trauma-Critical Care Nursing, 1996
- Southern Illinois University Edwardsville – BSN, 1985
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- United States District Court, Central District of Illinois
- United States District Court, Southern District of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri