Julie Koerner, joined IFMK Law from OKGC Law where she was a non-equity partner. Julie handles civil litigation in both federal and state courts, with a primary emphasis in personal injury defense and §1983 civil rights litigation, including police liability matters.
Julie has extensive jury and bench trial experience having taken over forty civil matters to verdict with favorable outcomes for her clients in over 80% of these cases. Additionally, Julie has successfully argued before the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit and has frequently obtained favorable rulings for her clients on dispositive motions.
Outside of the office, Julie is member of the Chicago Bar Association and has performed in the CBA’s annual Christmas Spirits show many years. Julie is also a member of the Defense Research Institute, and gives statewide client presentations on various topics, including premises liability and how to successfully defend yourself once you've been sued.
AREAS OF FOCUS
- §1983 Civil Rights Defense
- Personal Injury Defense
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D., 1990
- Loyola University of Chicago, B.A., 1987
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (General Bar and Trial Bar)
- United States District Court for the Central District of Illinois (General Bar and Trial Bar)
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Illinois (General Bar and Trial Bar)