Employment Law Defense
IFMK's Employment Law practice represents clients throughout Illinois. Our attorneys have argued employment and civil rights-related cases in hundreds of federal and Illinois state courts, and defended employers against Section 1983, Title VII, ADA, ADEA, and state law discrimination claims including:
- Title VII
- Illinois Human Rights Act
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- Family and Medical Leave Act
- Fair Labor Standards Act
- Equal Pay Act
- Wage Payment and Collection Act
- Victims’ Economic Security and Safety Act
- Whistleblower Act
- Constitutional claims, including First Amendment, Equal Protection, and Due Process
- State common law claims, including wrongful or retaliatory discharge, defamation, and breach of contract
IFMK’s Employment Practice provides clients with management training and annual seminars on potential employment-related legal issues. Clients also receive instructive guidance that includes reviewing and revising employee handbooks and developing sound employment policies.
Seminar topics include sexual harassment prevention, employment discrimination, retaliation, conducting investigations into employee complaints, wage and hour issues, exemptions under the Fair Labor Standards Act, independent contractors, first amendment claims, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Family Medical Leave Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, due process rights, and drug testing.