Governmental Entity Defense
IFMK's Governmental Entity Defense attorneys focus on preventing and litigating Workers' Compensation and employment law claims requiring specific understanding of municipal, local, and state law.
- Employment Discrimination, including gender, age, race, national origin, religion and disability discrimination, and claims under the Fair Labor Standards Act, Family Medical Leave Act and the IL Victims’ Economic Security and Safety Act
- Wrongful death and personal injury, including mass tort and casualty, emergency medical services (911), general tort claims, motor vehicle accidents and premises liability.
- Constitutional attacks on legislative enactments
- Property damage claims, including sewer and flood claims
- Freedom of Information Act and the Open Meetings Act violations
- Zoning and land-use disputes
- Election challenges and electoral board matters
- Public Safety Employee Benefits Act and the Public Employee Disability Act.
In addition to litigating claims, IFMK’s Governmental Entity Defense practice provides legal advisory services to strategically reduce risk and mitigate potential losses. We also provide legal advice, gratis, for members of the Illinois Risk Management Trust (ICRMT) through ICRMT’s Open Door Legal Program