Michael Victor joined IFMK Law from OKGC Law, LLC. Michael is a key litigator, trial lawyer, counselor, and advisor to the Illinois law enforcement and public servant communities, providing legal advice to governmental entities and their officials, employees, and workers. He also represents and counsels small and mid-sized businesses, educational and governmental institutions, and individuals in commercial litigation matters and general business issues.
Michael helps clients manage risk, advises on policy, and assists with operations to avoid lawsuits. He has litigated a variety of claims including civil rights disputes, constitutional actions, and personal injury lawsuits in both state and federal court. He also represents government officials in non-monetary claims and those involving the general decision-making and operations of local democracy. He is known for his perspective on common law torts and Illinois statutes and extensive understanding of Illinois government.
He has appeared on the Illinois Super Lawyers’ "Rising Stars" list since 2015 and is a frequent lecturer and educator. His clients benefit from his experience growing up in a family of public servants (e.g. law enforcement professionals, government officials, police, public workers, teachers, firefighters, nurses, etc.).
AREAS OF FOCUS
- Law Enforcement and First Responder Counsel and Defense
- Governmental/Public Entities General Tort and Liability Defense
- Governmental Entities and Public Entities Consultancy
- Commercial, Employment, and Business Litigation
- Contract Enforcement and Defense
- Private Individual Counsel
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D., 2008 (with Honors; Moot Court Honors Society)
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, B.A., 2005 (Dean’s List)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (General Bar and Trial Bar)
- United States District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- State of Illinois