Karin Anderson, joined IFMK Law from OKGC Law, LLC. Karin focuses her practice on employment law, wage and hour issues, civil rights, and general tort defense. She has extensive experience litigating in federal and state courts and defending both public entities and private clients at administrative agency proceedings. Karin presents seminars/training on employment laws and trending employment- related issues and regularly counsels clients on best employment practices, leaves of absence, wage and hour issues and employee discipline. Karin was previously Vice Chair of the Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel (IDC) Employment Law Committee and wrote featured articles for the IDC Quarterly magazine.
Karin enjoys cooking, traveling, and community service. She is an advocate for children with special needs and has been a spokesperson and fundraiser for the Muscular Dystrophy Association and the Make-A-Wish Foundation. While living abroad, Karin volunteered to help Somali, Ethiopian, and Eritrean refugees in Egypt and Kurdish refugees in Sweden.
AREAS OF FOCUS
- Employment Law, Civil Rights Law, General Tort Defense, Training, and Counsel
- Title VII, ADA, Rehabilitation Act, ADEA, FMLA, FLSA, Equal Pay Act, USERRA, IHRA, IWPCA, IMWL
- DePaul University College of Law, J.D., 2002 (summa cum laude; Order of the Coif; CALI Award in Disability Law; Dean’s Scholar)
- Harvard University, A.B., 1988 (cum laude; Dean’s List; Radcliffe Scholar; National Crew Team)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Illinois