Bhairav Radia joined IFMK Law from OKGC Law. Bhairav’s primary practice areas are jail and corrections and civil rights litigation. Bhairav is a seasoned litigator, trial attorney, and appellate advocate, with extensive experience in handling all aspects of a civil rights cases, from fact and expert discovery through dispositive motions, trial, and appeal.
Bhairav also conducts pre-suit investigations and evaluations, reviews and audits policies and procedures, and advises sheriffs, jail administrators, state’s attorneys, and risk managers on ways to prevent and mitigate risk. Bhairav also presents at seminars on various topics concerning risk prevention and best practices in operating jail and corrections facilities.
Bhairav is an avid tennis and ukulele player.
AREAS OF FOCUS
- Jail and Corrections Litigation
- Civil Rights Litigation
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D., 2007
- Arizona State University, B.A., 2004 (summa cum laude)
- Licensed to practice in Illinois; United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit; and
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Central, and Southern Districts of Illinois.